Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Weekend

Although it was Superbowl weekend, the Superbowl was not the highlight of the weekend because I could care less who won the Superbowl. The Superbowl halftime show was pretty terrible, and I ate guacamole the entire time, and then left to go get a burrito despite the fact that I wasn't really hungry. Fergie's voice makes me want to eat my feelings/slit my wrists. The Superbowl is like a Christian holiday. It encourages consumerism in the form of alcohol and food. Everyone justifies eating a ton of artery clogging food and drinking copious amounts of beer. It might as well be Thanksgiving. I don't think the general population cares as much about the actual game as they do about the novelty of Superbowl Sunday. The anticipation of drinking all the beer and eating all the food is the most fun part.  Everyone also really looks forward to the commercials, which I have to say this year were about as subpar as the halftime show. The only funny one was the Doritos commercial when the pug crashes through the window.

Happy Superbowl Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment