Friday, February 18, 2011

Embarrassing Moments

Whenever I am doing some sort of lame ice-breaking embarrassing moments activity I can never think of any, and the ones I usually do think of are insanely inappropriate. The times I recall these embarrassing moments are when my mind is subconsciously trying to entertain itself because whatever activity I am engaged in is dreadfully boring. Today, in my attempt to feign productivity, I tried to complete the rest of my law school applications that are "less important." One of the questions I was trying to answer was something about a moment in life that you are especially proud of. Naturally my mind went the other direction, and I started thinking about moments I was especially embarrassed and unproud of. When I was studying abroad in Barcelona, I had many of these less than graceful moments, but one of my favorite was the very first night I arrived. The family I lived with had a cat named "Chispa" that was the devil incarnate. I was discussing the cat with my senora because my spanish speaking ability at that point was limited to animals, food, and several other mundane subjects. My senora was opening a can of some sort, and the contents of the can looked (and smelled) like something one would find in a Pedigree can, so I inferred that she wanted me to feed the cat. I scooped the contents of the can into the cat food bowl on the ground, and little Chispa came a' running. My Senora turned around, looking perplexed and horrified, and began muttering a string of what I could only decipher as Catalonian explatives. It then dawned on me that I had fed the dinner for that evening to this god forsaken ginger cat. Sorry I'm not sorry. I wouldn't have wanted to eat that anyways. I never helped prepare dinner again.

No comments:

Post a Comment