Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions are always so lofty but no one ever has the bandwidth to actually carry them out. Ask the latest contestants on the Biggest Loser. If your new years resolution is to work out everyday and you haven't left the couch or the bag of doritos since 2000, its likely its not going to happen. Last year I decided to institute daily resolutions instead because I find them to be much more useful. Granted my daily resolutions over the holidays have been centered around getting out of bed and putting on different clothes from the ones I have been wearing for 48 hours, I have found success in my small goal setting for the day. Today my resolution was to to go Starbucks and work on law school applications for two hours so my mother would not ask me 600000 questions about what I was doing, what questions I had to answer, and the extent of my progress. This proved markedly more successful than any of my previous year long resolutions, and provided momentary respite from my mother's nagging. Check and check.

No comments:

Post a Comment