Monday, September 26, 2011

The DMV

It is entirely debatable if Disneyland is the best place on Earth, BUT the worst place on earth is most definitely the DMV. I recently had the pleasure of going to the DMV and rediscovered that the acronym actually stands for Degenerate. Minority. Vagrants. The DMV could easily be confused with the zoo, so if you are looking to save money, bring your kids to the DMV for free. I sat next to a lovely person who was getting their license renewed after getting a DUI. The person on the other side of me was 16 and rocking her newborn child back and forth and screaming at who I presumed to be the meth addict father on the other side. I feel sorry for these people, I really do, but the sheer concentration in the DMV is overwhelming. Everyone at the DMV is likely on their way to the welfare office after they stop at the DMV.

The people that work at the DMV take the term work very loosely. I would say their productivity rate is about that of 5lb dog. The only time they actually start calling numbers is when it is getting close to their lunch break or when they are ready to go home. They just sit there and get through about one number an hour. I think they should be paid more, although our state has no money because then perhaps they would feel compelled to be productive. If i worked there I would probably hide in the bathroom or broom closet all day too. People show up to the DMV asking for a drivers license who have no proof of identity or address. 

Next time I lose my ID, I think I'll take my chances

No comments:

Post a Comment